Manufacturers set sales goals for their dealerships, and more times than not, a dealership sets even higher sales goals for themselves. In order to meet such lofty goals, dealers spend a lot of money on marketing their store and inventory. That being said, when dealerships meet with their advertising agencies, they often talk about increasing traffic and leads. However, there is more than one way for a dealership to meet their goals, and a lot of the time it doesn’t require any additional advertising spend.
One cost effective way to increase sales at a dealership is to focus on how they’re handling the traffic that they already have, rather than trying to flood the store with more leads and traffic. A good place to start in this case is by taking a look at how they’re handling phone traffic and what processes are in place to ensure success. Analyzing a dealership’s phone traffic can expose hidden car deals and areas of opportunity that will allow a store to meet their goals.
Document Current Processes At All Customer Touch Points
While inspecting a dealership’s phone handling process, it’s important to know what metrics to look at.
The four focus points below will aid dealers in their quest to find opportunities within their phone handling process.
- Connecting a potential customer with a qualified representative at the dealership who is able to assist them.
- The purpose of having a qualified representative answer the phone is so that they can guide the conversation towards setting an appointment. It’s important to lead the conversation in a way that invites and requests the customer to the dealership for an appointment.
These are firm appointments entered into the CRM for a particular customer.
Focusing on calling back missed opportunities, stranded callers, and other low hanging fruit within the CRM that the store can re-engage with.
our team can help
PCG offers a comprehensive CRM and Lead Handling Audit!
Our CEO Glenn Pasch focuses on these key areas:
- Deep dive into a dealerships CRM to compare performance against industry benchmarks
- Evaluation of phone and email follow-up process
- Custom action plan for implementing improvement
We even offer a live webinar with Glenn Pasch and a recorded copy of the session for reference. Contact PCG Digital today to learn more about the services we offer!