The internet, along with the social spaces that inhabit it, are constantly changing. Social media can be a beautiful thing when you use it to your advantage- it gets your voice out to the world in a quick manner. When it comes to social media, it’s important to keep up with the latest trends or else you can quickly fall behind and lose relevance.
As important as paid advertising strategies across social media platforms is, organic strategies are just as important and effective. Facebook and Instagram organic posting has been around for a while- even Twitter and Snapchat, too. But, there is one social media platform that has made their way to the top and every brand should begin to make a presence on it if not already- and that’s TikTok. TikTok has over 100 million users- that’s a lot of users!
While TikTok does offer paid advertising, what makes it so different from the other social media platforms is that brands are able to create a huge presence for themselves organically.
Tik Tok is a platform that easily sucks users into aimlessly scrolling no telling how long. This is because of the endless tailored content fed to users. Another point to keep in mind is, the reason Tik Tok has made its way to the top- the generation that is on Tik Tok. Looking at who uses Tik Tok- almost half of its users are planning to buy or lease a car.
It’s important to upload content that users want to see and are going to be interested in and put in front of your right audience.
So dealers, if you haven’t already… download that app and get your profile started! #CarTok is absolutely a thing on TikTok, and it doesn’t have to just be showcasing vehicles ready to be bought.
Below you’ll find content recommendations to get you started and build your brand on TikTok:
- Auto Care Tips: Educate your views with practical auto care tips. Let your service technicians showcase their expertise and allow users to learn from the experts on diagnosing issues and how to keep their cars safe.
- Vehicle Reviews: Compare new vehicles/ new models. This can build up hype around new vehicles on your lot. This is a great opportunity to give a 360 degree view of vehicles along with taking a look at the latest features and actually seeing them rather than reading about them.
- Satisfying Car Detailing: TikTok users LOVE satisfying videos. A lot of users love to watch cleaning transformation videos- so why not do this for cars, too?!
- Tips From A Car Salesperson: Giving users tips from a salesperson, whether it be recommendations on buying a used car- to how to negotiate as a first-time buyer- is a great way for dealers to build trust among potential customers.
- Q&A: Answering questions never gets old! Question and Answers are a great way to interact with TikTok users. This is a great idea for dealers. You can answer questions like- “What does this light mean?”, “How do I know when it’s time for a tire rotation?” or any other question you can think of and are able to answer. This is another great way for your professionals to showcase their expertise!
- Behind The Scenes: Another key to building your brand on TikTok, is building authenticity. Let your staff become the face of your brand- film “a day in the life” of your staff to showcase a day in the life at your dealership- or even take part in silly TikTok trending dancing videos. Don’t be afraid to have fun!
Now that you have some ideas on what to post on Tik Tok, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Follow creators and influencers from your niche and engage with them and your audience. This will help your videos get in front of people that want to see your type of content by engaging with that type yourself.
- Use appropriate hashtags to also get in front of your right audience such as: #CarTok, #CleanTok, #Car, #CarLover, #OffRoad, #CarsofTikTok, #TruckLife, #Driving, and so many more!
- Use fun filters and trending sounds when deemed appropriate.
- Share your videos from TikTok on your other social media platforms to build your audience on TikTok. Some of your Facebook or Instagram users might not know you have a TikTok- show them you do and they’ll be able to follow you there, too!
To learn more about TikTok advertising download the TikTok Playbook or contact the social team here at PCG Digital if you have any further questions.